Railcar Repair Supervisor (MN)
Drumm Inc. seeks an experienced Railcar Repair Supervisor for railcar maintenance facility in Southwestern MN. Position will assist Plant Manager and support plant operations. This position is hands on and requires strong mechanical aptitude. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a unique group of service companies that has been in the transportation industry for over 50 years.
- Perform functions of freight car repairman as required; inspections and repairs according to AAR, FRA, company and customer requirements. Remove, repair, and replace mechanical components such as valves, gates, draft gear, tank car safety appliances, etc. Mobile and on-site, some travel required.
- Perform functions of Cleaning Technician as required; operate computer controlled wash equipment, confined space entry, cleaning of fittings, openings, valves, and exterior / interior tanker surfaces.
- Assist / maintain maximum functionality of all plant equipment and systems through preventive maintenance, checks and services, as well as calibrations. Troubleshoot and perform equipment maintenance
- Assist / operate plant systems such as; steam boiler, pressure washer, water treatment equipment, railcar mover, tank systems, air monitors, etc.
- Adhere to safety standards and company procedures; report any issues, resolved or unresolved
- Operate oxy/fuel torch, welding equipment, power tools and hand tools
- Assist in inventory/ordering of parts, supplies and equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping of equipment and site
- Operate forklift, vacuum truck, mobile repair truck and other equipment as needed
- Record keeping for all job functions
- 3 years carman experience in railcar shop environment, tank car valve experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to assist with training as needed
- Ability to obtain and maintain various certifications as needed, e.g. tank car welding, NDT Bubble leak / Magnetic particle, CDL, tank endorsement, etc. Company paid training provided.
- Must be highly motivated, dependable, assertive & growth oriented
- Very attentive to detail with quality-minded focus
- Excellent ability to reason, make decisions and exercise independent judgment in various situations
- Occasional after-hours and weekend work required, some travel required for training and mobile services
- Indoor /Outdoor working conditions, confined space entry, labor in heat, cold, wet, humid, wind and possible dusty conditions
Drumm Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.