Facility Maintenance • Railcar Repair
Drumm Inc. seeks talented and versatile PT / FT Industrial Maintenance • Railcar Repair individual for our railcar maintenance facility in Southwestern Minnesota. The position will support Drumm Inc.’s growing tank and freight car mechanical operations. This position is hands-on and requires strong mechanical aptitude.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a unique group of service companies that have been in the transportation industry for over 50 years as we offer a competitive wage.
- Perform general facility preventative maintenance and repair of facility assets as required by supervisor and company maintenance schedules
- General plumbing or piping experience
- Conduct process pump changeouts and rebuild as needed
- Pipefitting experience, including taking pipes apart and putting them back together
- Understand blueprints, drawings, and instruction manuals to remove, fabricate, repair, and install components
- Assist / maintain maximum functionality of all plant equipment and systems through preventive maintenance, checks and services, as well as calibrations. Troubleshoot and perform equipment maintenance
- Preventative maintenance of blowers, filters, and valves
- Assist in inventory/ordering of parts, supplies and equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping of equipment and site
- Operate forklift, railcar mover, and other heavy equipment as needed
- Operate oxy/fuel torch, welding equipment, power tools and hand tools
- Ensures all safety standards and company procedures are adhered to; any issues, resolved or unresolved are reported to supervisor
- Perform other duties as needed
Railcar Repair Duties:
- Perform functions of freight car repairman as required; inspections and repairs according to AAR, FRA, company and customer requirements.
- Remove, repair, and replace service equipment on tank/hopper cars, along with gates, draft gear, tank car safety appliances, valve rebuilding, etc. Mobile and on-site, some travel required.
- Use drawings and instruction manuals to remove, fabricate, repair, and install components.
- Apply decals, stenciling, touch-up painting and lining on railcars.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule based on business needs
- Detail oriented, mechanical aptitude, and ability to problem solve
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively
- Be able to meet physical requirements for this position including, but not limited to: prolonged periods of standing and sitting, working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, work in all weather conditions, work in a variety of conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc.), lift up
If interested in joining our team please complete an employment application or email resume with the position you’re applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drumm Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.