Railcar Cleaning Technician (Worthington, MN)
Drumm Inc. seeks a Railcar Cleaning Technician for the washing of tankcar interiors and exteriors at our facility in Southwestern, MN facility. The ideal person is team-oriented, self-motivated, versatile, and be looking for a challenge.
- Operate plant systems such as; steam boiler, pressure washer, water treatment equipment, yard spotter, tank systems, air monitors, etc.
- Perform functions of Cleaning Technician as required; operate computer controlled wash equipment, confined space entry, cleaning of fittings, openings, valves, and exterior / interior tank car surfaces.
- Directly responsible for ensuring tank cars are cleaned to standard, signed off, and all documents are correctly filled out
- Strategically plan for and supervise pull and place of railcars from queue to wash racks, ensuring efficient use of time and resources based on cars existing contents
- Ensure efficient and economical utilization of by-products, materials, equipment, utilities and supplies
- Ensure all safety protocol is followed, report any hazards observed or resolved
- Coordinates with other employees/shifts during times of simultaneous work, ensuring cooperative work
- Oversee plant cleanliness, general equipment maintenance and organization
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Reports directly to Plant Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience in freight car environment. Tank and hopper car maintenance & cleaning industry or manufacturing / production environment with food grade product or chemical processes beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Must be highly motivated, dependable, assertive & growth oriented
- Perform / prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Excellent ability to reason, make decisions and exercise independent judgment in various situations
- Indoor and outdoor; heat, cold, wet, humid, wind and dusty conditions
- Must use personal protective equipment as required
- Flexiblity to change shifts and work weekends, as needed.
Drumm Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.